Installing Easy Rides
Prior to installation discuss with your IT staff and implement a networking plan for the
computers that will be using Easy Rides.
Easy Rides Plus Workstation Hardware and Software Requirements
Easy Rides Plus requires a dedicated server to run SQL along with Workstations to run Easy Rides.
Talk with Mobilitat staff if you are purchasing a different edition of Easy Rides
- Intel compatible processor at 2.0 GHz and 8GB of RAM.
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 Professional or Ultimate.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 or later.
- (MS Access 2007 or later required for MS Access based customer driver manifests.)
- 160 GB hard drive
- Available USB port
- Internet connectivity for support and training
- Recommended 20” or larger viewable screen monitor. Dual monitors strongly advised for dispatchers.
- Mouse or other pointing device
- 16GB of RAM or more.
- Intel compatible processor at 2.0 GHz and 4 or more cores.
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 Professional. Windows Server 2012 or later.
- SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Tablet running Android 4.0 or later with cellular data plan.
- In vehicle charger and hardware mounts.
- Depending on the number of tablets operated, it is recommended to use a full version of SQL.
- High speed internet connection.
- Regarding Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8: Please note Home versions (Basic and Premium) do not have some features Easy Rides requires. Make sure you purchase computers with either Professional or Ultimate versions of Windows.
Installing Easy Rides Server
Normally, your Mobilitat Representative will install Easy Rides for you in case there are any unexpected technical obstacles with your network setup, but if for some reason you end up doing it yourself, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of SQL Server Express. Make sure to download an edition that includes Management Studio.
- While installing SQL Express, make sure to select the option to use Mixed Mode Authentication. Set the ‘sa’ user password and make a note of this password.
- Download the file ‘ERAutoUpdate.exe’ from the Mobilitat website.
- Create a shared folder for Easy Rides. Place the downloaded file into the shared folder and run the file. This will extract Easy Rides and the Easy Rides Utility.
- Attach an Easy Rides database (provided by Mobilitat staff) to the database server, using SQL Management Studio.
- Run the ERides.exe file in the shared folder. The first time it runs, it will prompt you co connect to the database. Fill out the connection information, and click Test. If successful, click OK and continue.
7 . Easy Rides should now be running.
- Contact Mobilitat if for assistance if you have any trouble.
Installing Easy Rides Client
Installing Easy Rides onto a workstation is simple. You only need to copy shortcuts of the Easy Rides and Utility exes in the shared folder onto the desktop of the new workstation. Running the shortcuts should load the database as if you are on the server.
If you have trouble try these steps:
- Check that the server firewall is allowing connections to and from SQL over the local network.
- Check for anti-virus software that may be blocking the connection.